Error: pdflatex.exe (file c:/Windows/fonts/timesbd.ttf): unknown verssion of OS/2 table (0003)
==> Fatal error occurred, the output PDF file is not finished!
If you have this message on SW 5.0, it means that the included pdflatex.exe is too old for new fonts. In that case, do the following:
- Install the recent version of texlive.
- From the SW menu, select "Typeset -> Expert settings..." and configure as follows.
- Select the PDF Format Settings tab.
- Click the "Add/Modify..." button.
- Configure as follows.
- Name for Tex to PDF formatter = TeXlive pdfTeX (or whatever)
- Executable filename = The pdflatex.exe file (in my case, it is C:/usr/texlive/2009/bin/win32/pdflatex.exe)
- Command line to invoke formatter = %x "%f" (don't miss out the quotation marks)
- Display appearance = TeXlive pdfLaTeX (or whatever)
- Uncheck "Use TrueTeX command handler" and check "Run in new command console"
- Leave all other entries blank.
- Press OK a few times.
- Copy tcilatex.tex from sw50/TCITeX/TeX/LaTeX/SWmacros to C:/usr/texlive/texmf-local/tex/latex/local.
- Run texhash.exe in the texlive bin directory by navigating to C:/usr/texlive/2009/bin/win32/ (or whatever) and then double-clicking texhash.exe.